The Doctorate must be completed in 3 years.
The program is in English.
Each student must:
- carry out an original research activity and conclude with the thesis defense
- co-author papers on major peer-reviewed international journals or patents
- attend specialized courses and seminars to complete their education. Tutors will evaluate their preparation.
- participate to teaching activities as a teaching assistant
A visit of at least 3 months to an international scientific organization and participation to national and international conferences are strongly recommended and fostered.
Admission to the following year of the PhD Course includes:
- Writing an annual work report
- Presentation and discussion of the annual research activity to the PhD Teaching Committee
To be admitted to the Thesis Defense the students must comply with the following requirements:
- presentation of the thesis to the Teaching Supervising Committee
- evaluation of an external referee
- evaluation of the student’s tutor
- approval of the Teaching Supervising Committee